October 30, 2008

Snow

Yes, snow. That flurry white stuff that comes down from the sky and makes me long for southern altitudes. And tonight it arrived for the first time. Waiting for the bus big flakes started coming down and everybody was just “Oh, my God”, “This is early” and so on. It's not that rare that we do get snow in late October or early November, but never less it always feels early. I'm still wearing shoes, not boots and no heavy winter coat. My parka is somewhere deep down in my closet and and just thinking that I might have to dig it out makes me sad.

London and the English east coast got snow on Tuesday so it's real no surprise it's coming here now. Most every weather systems move north east from the British Isles and into Sweden a couple of days later. Th one of the few things I don't like about the UK, the weather they keep sending us. So now I'm just going to curl up under my duvet and hopefully it will all be gone by time I wake up tomorrow.

No comments: