November 26, 2008

And action...

Not that many Swedish major motion pictures are set and made in Gothenburg. But right now one police film, with a rather good looking main character I might add, is done here and it seems like where ever I go I end up right in the middle of the set.

Coming home from work two weeks ago major spotlights were facing the apartment building. Outside the front door there were trucks, more spotlights and crew people. One person asked if I lived there and when I said yes they told me to go straight in – they were "just" making the new Johan Falk film. Walking up the stairs I ran into main character who very happily said hi. Turned out that they were using one of my neighbours' flat so my landing was quite crowded. The next morning they were back and did scenes outside the building.

Then last week finally making it to the gym, they were filming just outside and when I left later one of the camera guys waved at me. We used to work at the same production company about 4 years ago and I was so surprised he recognised me. He was on the floor and I was in the IT-department, but he did and it was nice talking to him.

On my lunch walk today it was time again. This time plenty of other people and I got to witness a high speed car chase down the street and the main character running into my favourite coffee shop. So there is not doubt about it – I have to see this film when it comes out next autumn.

No comments: