December 14, 2008

Excited

It's been a while, but I'm actually excited. Tomorrow after work I'm meeting up with my very old and dear friend Jo. It's been six years since the last time.

We were flat mates back in Texas in the early 90's (I can't believe that's almost 17 years ago now) and whereas I stayed mostly put in Sweden Jo went to live in France and then later in to London. Thanks to low cost airlines we managed to see each other a lot until Jo met the love of her life - an Aussie chef who after two years in London had had enough of the crappy weather and wanted to move back to Oz. That was six years ago. I never made it to Down Under, but know they are back in Sweden for a while. And tomorrow I'm meeting my darling Jo. I can't wait!!!

At the same time as I'm very excited I have to admit I'm a bit nervous. Six years is a long time even though we have kept in touch by email. I know I have changed a lot and I'm pretty sure Jo has too. But after talking to her on the phone I know she's still that free spirited and crazy girl I immediately liked. After all we were each other's family for more than a year and I think that says it all.

No comments: