March 10, 2009

New foods

As usual when in London I like to try new foods. On Thursday night Philip, Michael and I went to vegetarian Indian restaurant off Tottenham Court Road. I have to admit that it wasn't the best Indian I have had, especially since I had been dreaming about Korma, but still interesting and fun. It's not every day you have fermented black lentils for dinner...

On Friday after a long walk from Kensington High Street all the way through Notting Hill and down Portobello Road something to eat was a top priority. The Gourmet Burger Kitchen wasn't really a new find, but the restaurant had the cutest little coke bottle of glass. I haven't seen those in ages. The ketchup also came in a tomato instead of bottle. Cute details that makes you want to come back. And yes the blue cheese burger was divine.

Being extremely tired on Saturday I met Michael for lunch who took me to China Town for dim sums. Again something that I had never had before. Pork and rice cooked in a lotus leave was delicious and so was the ones with scallops. Well everything was very good, and cheap. £20 for two persons right in the the middle of London. A hard to beat deal.

No comments: