July 22, 2009

Home again

Arrived home again a couple of hours ago after a both amazing and fabulous holiday in Nice at Côte d'Azur. The days just flew away with visits to Italy, Moncao-Monto Carlo, Cannes, Antibes, Grasse, museums and of course the beach. I also managed a little bit of shopping of course... The annual summer sale was going on and things like that can't be ignored. To my surprise I actually found clothes in my own size. My memory from Paris was that all sizes are tiny and that all French women are petite, which either has changed or I went to the wrong shops.

Then there was the food which was fantastic. French food usually is. On two occasions I really splurged out and thought I had gone to heaven and died. Turned out that one of those restaurants actually had a star in Guide Michelin which very much explained the price but it was well worth it and the experience of having food being reviled to you and of course get to talk to the chef himself. Totally on the other end of the price range was Moules et frites (mussels and chips) but still amazing in its own simplicity.

Arriving at the airport I had gone from sunshine and 30 degrees to 15 degrees and rain, but at the moment (at least) I can live it. This has probably been my best solo holiday so far and I can't wait to do it again next year.

No comments: