September 01, 2009

Expensive hotels

Some people tease me and call me a hotel junkie as I have a thing for nice hotels and sometimes tend to splash out just because it's a nice place. But yet again, some people collect cars or model trains, then I think I can collect nice stays at hotels. And nice meals and wine...

WSJ just published a list of the most expensive hotels in the world. Somehow I have feeling I'll not be able to stay there, at least not in the near future. Need to win the lottery or marry a millionaire first.
1. The Royal Penthouse Suite, President Wilson Hotel, Geneva -- $65,000 per night

2. Ty Warner Penthouse, Four Seasons Hotel, New York -- $35,000 per night

3. The Presidential Suite, Hotel Cala di Volpe, Costa Smeralda, Sardinia -- $34,000 per night

4. Villa La Cupola Suite, Westin Excelsior, Rome -- $31,000 per night

5. The Presidential Suite, Ritz-Carlton Tokyo -- $25,000 per night

6. The Bridge Suite, The Atlantis, Bahamas -- $22,000 per night

7. The Imperial Suite, Park Hyatt Vendôme, Paris -- $20,000 per night

8. Royal Suite, Burj Al Arab, Dubai -- $19,600 per night

9. Royal Armleder Suite, Le Richemond, Geneva -- $18,900 per night

10. The Ritz-Carlton Suite, The Ritz-Carlton, Moscow -- $16,500 per night
But one can always dream. I wouldn't mind staying in The Presidential Suite at Hotel Cala di Volpe in Sardinia (number 3) where you get your own private wine cellar. Or in The Imperial Suite at Park Hyatt Vendôme in Paris (number 7) where you get your own spa in-suite.

No comments: