November 10, 2009

London tourist questions

Missing and thinking about London tonight. The withdrawal symptoms are always the worse about a month after the last trip...

Couldn't help but laughing reading in
The Times about the strangest and funniest questions asked at the City of London Information Centre. My favourites are number 5 and 14. And sorry all American friends, unfortunately I have a feeling that some of the most silly questions regarding the Eiffel Tower and Time Square comes from you fellow countrymen.

1. How can I have tea with the Queen?

2. Could you recommend a good plastic surgeon?

3. Are there guided tours of M15?

4. When do the clowns come on at Piccadilly Circus?

5. What number in Oxford Street is Oxford University?

6. Where can I buy paraffin for my lamp?

7. What time does “evil song” start at St Paul’s Cathedral?

8. Which side of the river is London Bridge on?

9. Where can I hire a banana boat?

10. Is it a long walk to Times Square?

11. Where abouts is the Eiffel Tower?

12. Which way to the beach?

13. When does Tower Bridge move?

14. Where can I see the buildings destroyed in the Second World War?

15. Where do the Spice Girls live?

No comments: