February 16, 2010

It's complicated

Went to see It's complicated at the cinema last week with a friend. She's in her mid 50's and probably the type audience for this film. Being 20 years younger I'm sure I brought down the average age in theatre.

Meryl Streep is always good and Alec Baldwin was rather sympathetic, even though I really think he has become old. No need to think what I have become than... Steve Martin, well I just felt sorry for his character as well as I thought he had become very skinny.

Anyhow, of course I laughed and smiled at all those hilariousness situation (for the bystander at least) that comes with being in love, having an affair and being the other woman. One thing is sure though, love is complicated no matter what how old you are.

But is it a film I'll remember? No, to be honest it was just entertainment for the moment and now one week later I have forgotten most of it. But it's always good to laugh. Makes life so much easier. And I got a nice evening out with a friend. Cinema and a glass of wine right in the middle of the week.

No comments: