November 19, 2006

Not only for kids

I’ve always liked milk and still as a grown up woman I try to have at least one glass a day. It is good for you after all. A special treat as a child was getting chocolate milk. Mum was quite old fashioned when it came to food and drinks, but my next-door friend had an American mum. A mum who gave all her five children and me things like chocolate milk, pan pizza, popcorn, burger and fries, ketchup, peanut butter, brownies long before it was part of the Swedish food culture. Thanks Mrs S!

And now it actually looks like that
chocolate milk wasn’t that bad after all.
A group of scientists recently discovered that one of the most effective drinks to help athletes recover after exercise is the same thing moms across America have been giving their kids for years. A simple glass of chocolate milk

"My way of explaining it is, there's really nothing magic about the powder in a can that you mix with water," cycling coach Scott Saifer said of the carbohydrate drink. "It's water, carbs, proteins, maybe minerals and electrolytes. What's in chocolate milk? The same thing. There's no reason it shouldn't be as good for recovery as a carb drink."
Since I don’t like those fluid-replacement drinks like Gatorade (not that I really need them after my workouts) this couldn’t sound any better. Milk, chocolate together and it is good for you.

No comments: