November 23, 2008

Digital excuses

Long gone are the days when a student used to say "The dog at my homework". The more computer savvy the kids get the more extravagant excuses for not finishing school assignment on time.

According to a study in the UK, 68% of all students submit homework typed on a PC and teachers get to hear the craziest thing why technology failed.
Worst tech-related excuses:
My dad's computer was hacked by the Russians and they stole my homework;

A burglar stole my printed-out homework along with the computer;

The PC exploded when our dog went to the toilet on it;

I accidentally tipped a bottle of cider over the computer and it broke.

Worst non-tech excuses:
My mum put my homework in the washing machine, and then burnt it as she tried to iron it dry;

The wind blew my homework into a pond, and then a swan ate it;

My brother drove off with my homework in his lorry, and then he lost it in France.
I think the Russian-excuse is quite good and as a teacher I would at lest give the kid some credit for being imaginative.

No comments: