February 18, 2009

Back to my roots

I really went back to my roots today taking part in day one of a two day course in agile development. Counting back I don't think I've been working with pure IT development for the last five years. I've managed tons of project during that time but only from a business perspective demanding IT to do this or that.

The last two projects I've been involved in have been agile, which is a great method of driving projects, but today it was the first time that I had to think as a developer. And yes I'm very tired now. I've used braincells I haven't used in years, but it was also very good to realise and remember what sort of work the developers actually do. Not that I didn't know that before, because "my" boys are the best, but walking in someone's shoes is always good.

Day two is next Thursday and I actually look forward to it. Going back to my roots so far has been a rather pleasant experience.

No comments: