May 18, 2009

A hidden gem

What I like most about London is to find those places that you as tourist usually don't go to. At least not on your 1st, 2nd or 3rd visit Earlier this year I counted it 30 London trips in the last 3 years and since then it has been two more, so I guess I've done most of the touristy stuff now...

A place I've both heard and read about is
Regent's Canal and Little Venice. Being a hidden gem right in the middle of the bustling city. So after my shopping spree on Saturday Michael and I met for some lunch and then went up to Camden Lock which is part of Regent's Canal. Leaving the crowd of Camden market behind us I was truly amazed how quiet and picturesque things became. Big beautiful houses, but most of all a river boats, a water way and nature I didn't think existed in London. No cars or noise from a world metropolis could be heard. Only birds, bees and sometimes the splashes from the canal. A hidden gem indeed.



No comments: