August 16, 2009

Reading

I've just spent the better part of the weekend. Yes I know, a grown up woman should probably have better things to do, but it is so fun and most of all so relaxing. Growing up I read all the time and was best friend with the local librarians. Then life get in between I guess and it's rare that I have the time to read nowadays. Still I love books and can spend hours in book stores browsing and buying. There is just a certain feel to book store.

During Christmas and summer holidays I try to read as much as I can, but it usually takes a while before I get relaxed enough to read and disappear into someone else's world. I very much did that the last week of my holiday and when I started working again last week that was something that I really missed. I can't read in the evening because I usually a sleep the minute I hit the pillow. So this weekend I decided to read. Pouring rain and wind outside made it feel even better.

I dug into
My life so far by Jane Fonda yesterday morning and read all day and evening just stopping to get something to eat. I even read in bed which is very rare and when I woke up this morning all I wanted to do was to continue to read and by noon I was done. It's a good read and again I'm surprised that famous women who seem ti have everything on the inside are so insecure and doubting themselves. But still for the outsiders they come off as very strong and capable persons who are admired by many.

It's a very frank and personal book which touched me in many ways and gave me things to think about. The book is of course also about moving making in the 60's, 70's and early 80's. Long before today's special effects and after the Golden Age era. Quite interesting for all film buffs.

No comments: