October 08, 2009

Quote of the day

A couple of weeks ago I watched an interview with Jan Eliasson, former President of the United Nations General Assembly, former Swedish Minister of Foreign Affairs and currently the United Nations Secretary-General's Special Envoy to Darfur. In the interview he said something that went straight to my heart.

~ Live your life with passion and compassion ~

Yes, that is what life is all about. Passion and compassion.

I had the fortune to hear him speak at company event about a year and a half ago and afterwards say hello to him. A truly amazing person. Some people have an aurora or thing that make people around them feel special and inspired. Jan Eliasson is very much a person like that. I don't get impressed easily but he's one person I'm really impressed by. And inspired by.

No comments: