May 23, 2010

Emetrics

I spent Monday and Tuesday attending Emetrics in London. Emetrics is the official summit for Web Analytics Association which I have been a member of for the last 2 years.

Unfortunately I really can't tell I was that impressed. I've attended other conferences and it's always the same. You read about the speakers and look at the glossy brochure and you think yes this is going to be interesting and fun, but then when you get there, well... Some speakers were great and some not so great.

I attend conferences like this to get inspired, get ideas and find out how what other companies are doing, but what I felt mostly this time was that nothing wasn't really new. It's either me getting bored (knowing it all) or that it really isn't that much new which can't be right either. So the whole conference actually left me feeling rather indifferent. Yes, I got some new ideas, yes I met some people that have jobs similar to mine and yes I learnt some things, but I didn't feel any wow or aha which is sad. Or maybe it was just me having high hopes and reading to much into that glossy conference program.

Anyhow it was nice to get out of the office and I did talk some real nice people (that actually knew what I was talking about) which is always very nice.

No comments: