December 21, 2010

Rigby & Peller

As usual in London last week I went shopping. The plan was to buy Christmas presents to be honest I didn't buy a single one. Instead I ended up buying things to myself. Christmas present to myself (or at least I would like to call it that...)

One of my favourite shops to visit is Rigby & Peller on Conduit Street. Walking in there you're transferred into a luxurious world of lingerie and welcomed by some excellent sales women who know their lingerie from the inside out. This was my third visit and having lost almost 9 kg (20 lbs) this autumn I needed a new fitting to to get the correct size. One size smaller (yeah!) I was then offered a range of different bras. No matter what I said I wanted to try on or needed they had it. It almost felt a bit like being a kid in a candy store. With a new size and all I tried to be sensible and go for more everyday wear and ended up with three new pieces where one probably was a bit more than everyday wear. You do got a to live a little, and it all starts from the inside...

Happy with my purchases and small bag in my hand I then went on to Regent Street and Oxford Street and needless to say I never ever got any of that personal service anywhere else. In some shops I even left because even though I was the customer (or at least I thought so...) the sales persons showed no interest what so ever. Makes me sad since good customer serve is what makes me come back again and again and again.

No comments: