April 03, 2011

Lie-in

It has been ages since I had a proper lie-in, but today it happened. Just like the scratch ticket advert – Suddenly one day it happens. I woke up at 7am but decided to stay in bed. Slowly drifting away, dreaming, thinking and just knowing that right know there are no musts or have to. I listened the seagulls (noisy as usual) buses and cars coming and going, a neighbour flushing the toilet and felt both happy and relaxed. It's those little things that makes it all worth while. In bed on a Sunday morning knowing you don't have to get up.

For a while I went back to sleep and then I woke up hungry, and since I (still) don't have a butler to make me breakfast it was time to go up. But all through the day I've been in an incredible good mood and have caught myself smiling without any reason. Life is good when you take the time to relax. I should just remember to do it more often. A lot more often.

No comments: