April 05, 2011

The perfect wine

Finding the perfect wine is a tricky question. It all comes down to mood, situation, company, food and many, many other things. What is perfect today may not be perfect next week, but that is at least to me part of the charm of enjoying wine.

On Friday I opened a bottle of Kalleske Clarry's from Barossa Valley and after taking the first sip I knew I had found the perfect wine. A blend of Grenache, Shiraz and Mataro. All favourite grapes that can't go wrong with my taste buds.

Dark black-purple colour. On the nose aromas of raspberries, violets, dark cherries and cloves. The palate is juicy and packed with fruit flavours. The finish is lengthy with chalky tannins and chewy texture. The perfect wine!

This wine is unfortunately just sold temporary here in Sweden, but I will go and get some before it's all gone. The question though is, will it be the perfect wine the next time I open a bottle?!

No comments: