May 24, 2011

A last meal

With all this talk about rapture and the world coming to an end on last Saturday someone asked me what I would eat if I knew the world would come to an end. A pretty hard question I think.

What I eat often depends on what mood I am in. Tired means comfort food such as risotto or curry, sad means creamy and starchy food. Happy means sea-food and strong means meat. So as a last meal I'm not sure. I would probably eat and drink the things I like the most.

Starter
Swedish bleak roe (löjrom) served on toast with crème fraiche, chopped red onion, a slice of lemon and a sprig of dill. To drink: Dom Pérignon 2002.

Main course
Dover sole fillets 
in creamy shallot 
and white wine sauce, duchess potatoes and broccoli cream. To drink: Peter Lehmann Eden Valley Riesling 2006.

Dessert
Crème brulée with fresh raspberry. To drink: Château d'Yquem, 1er Grand Cru Classé Supérieur Sauternes 1996.

A rather light meal it seems like, but you can go out with a bang in many different ways. I prefer the classy way...

No comments: