July 15, 2011

I dreamt about you

I dreamt about you last night. We were watching TV late at night curled up on the sofa. The only light was the flickering from the TV. Your head was resting in my lap and we were both almost at sleep. I was playing mindlessly with your hair at the same time as Stephen Fry said something funny on QI. You laughed too and said that we really needed to go to bed. Really I said. Can't we just stay like this? I'm too tired to get up. Sure you said and closed your eyes. For a moment or two I watched your sleeping and felt so safe and secure. I was finally home.

The next second the after-texts to QI was roaring, the dream was gone and I realized that what I had thought was your hair was the corner of a pillow. I got up, turned off the TV and went to bed hoping that you were dreaming about me too.

No comments: