September 04, 2011

PT session

Changing gym a while back meant that I got a PT session for free. Real good since it had been quite some time since I had someone telling me what to do with the different machines.

So last Sunday it was time for my session. A short, but extremely toned woman greeted me with the words –Let's see what we can do with you. When she told me I was her licensing test I probably got more nervous than she was. An older man with a clipboard was going to follow us everywhere and take notes.

She being short and me being well, tall, meant that I felt like a giant throughout the session. Or an Amazon which I prefer to call myself in situations like that. And I usually don't think I'm tall at 1,75m (5'8ft)... When it was time for free weights and you stand in front of a mirror I just took one look of myself and felt –Oh my God. Not only was I a head taller than the trainer, but my clothes. Too big, too old and too worn out. I bought new shoes and bras earlier this spring, but no tops or pants. Doing a quick count in my head I realized that the clothes I was wearing was about 6 or 7 years old. Ooops!

Anyhow she showed me both old and new things to do, especially how to use an exercise ball. The full program takes about 30-40 minutes, which I will try to do at least once a week and then go running at least once a week. Twice a week might not sound as much, but it's a start. I know myself that if I overdo it I will stop doing it all together.

And yes, on Monday lunch I went and got both new pants and two new tops. Felt amazing at the gym, and I'm surprised I haven't thought about new clothes earlier. But that's me and clothes shopping. Not always a very good match...

No comments: