September 18, 2011

What a difference a book...

Again I've been reminded that reading is relaxation. One month into my new job I'm still pretty much winded up and think about a lot of things that need to be done and/or planned. When Friday rolls around I'm beat and almost asleep after one glass of wine. I've noticed though that it takes me to Saturday afternoon before I'm really relaxed. It bathers me a bit, even though I'm pretty sure it will change as time goes by. Everything is still very new to me...

Anyhow, reading... With absolutely nothing on TV last night I decided to read. To curl up in bed with a big cup of tea and a Swedish crime story/thriller. Two hours just disappeared in no time and by then I also realised that I was totally relaxed. My thoughts were on Stockholm and the people in the book, not work. I read some more before turning out the lights and probably for the first time in a week I didn't think or dream about work when sleeping. I woke up this morning feeling both happy and relaxed. The last chapters I finished off this morning with my second cup of coffee. An excellent start to the day.

So again I need to remember to read or really take time to read, because reading is relaxation.

No comments: