January 26, 2012

365 wines

Well, not really. Inspired by my friend KangaRue’s lovely 365 photo blog I’ve decided to take a photo of the label of all the wines I will try throughout the year. Many new I’m sure but also some old trustworthy favourites that never let you down.

Already at the end of January I’ll start with the wines from New Year’s Eve, even though they officially belong to last year.

Palmer & Co Blanc de Blancs Brut 2004
Palmer & Co has recently become a favorite of mine when it comes to Champagne. A dry, crisp with fresh taste of green apples, bread and minerals. And with Swedish Kalix löjrom (roe) it was a match made in heaven.

Bourgogne Les Sétilles 2006
Yet another favourite of mine. Golden colour. Taste of yellow plums, a lot of butter and some oak. Matched with almost steak sized pieces of Atlantic halibut, asparagus, pommes duchess and a mild white wine sauce it couldn’t go wrong.



Louis Roederer Carte Blanche Demi-sec
Demi-sec means sweet and yes, it was very sweet. Yellow colour with taste of yellow apples and cream. Matching with ice-cream and chocolate fondant it worked well, but too sweet for my taste. Rare since I normally love stickies.

No comments: