February 16, 2009

Third week

I'm on my third week now going to the gym twice a week, and it feels real good. Still I'm not doing any marathons on the treadmill but for each time I run faster and longer. I also walk back and forth to work most days. The weather has been great for walking, just cold and dry. I do not look forward to the day when it starts snowing or raining again...

Weight wise I'm down 1,6 kg (3,5 lbs) which is all right considering I eat out a lot and still believes chocolate is the cure for everything. But I'm now down to having one regular size chocolate bar every Thursday when I do my weekly shopping. And it helps a lot. Again, it's not forbidden fruit. I just don't need to have it all the time...

The best thing though is that I need to start wearing a belt again. Some time during the autumn I gave up using belts because they just made things even tighter. Then last Thursday-Friday I realised that every time I got up from my desk I had to pull up my trousers. The same thing yesterday when visiting a friends and we were curling up on the sofa drinking tea. I had to pull up my jeans every time I got up.

I'm thinking about trying on a pair of jeans that I haven't used sine the autumn, because the last time I used them I could hardly breath. If they are easier on me now my waistline and belly has definitely shrunk.

I'm off to London in two weeks and that's my mini-goal. To keep on doing what I'm doing and think twice before putting any junk into my mouth. As a reward I might even buy something new and springlike in London. I know I will anyhow, but I might feel better about myself this time...

No comments: