August 09, 2009

The last hours

The last hours of my 4 week holiday is here. I really can't believe how quickly those weeks went by, but on the other hand it's been a fabulous month. France, seeing Frida, eating and drinking lovely food and wine, cleaning the attic, sorting and fixing the cupboards, a lot of rain but also long days in the sun reading.

It always takes me a while to get into reading mode, so I guess that's is what I'll be missing this coming week. To just read, read and read. My big pile of books has for the first time in a very long, long time actually gotten smaller. Some of the books I've just read I bought in London 3 years ago so that's really a sign I've done a lot of reading.

Of course I'll miss sleeping late and going to bed late and even having a nap if I feel like it, but after a a couple of days back at work getting up at 6 am will not be a problem. Could just someone remind me of that tomorrow morning, though?!

So to conclude things, I'm happy, relaxed, well-rested and actually think it's rather OK to go back to work tomorrow. I must have had a good holiday...

No comments: