December 13, 2009

Looking for Christmas spirit

Just like last year I'm having a hard time to feel any Christmas spirit. The family debacle on Christmas Eve last year isn't exactly helping. The closer we get the more I feel like running away or at least hide somewhere. The pressure is on me now and I'm not really sure how to handle it. If I got to decided I would stay home reading, watching TV, eating, drinking and just mind my own business.

Well, that's not going to happen so I need to find that spirit. Any ideas where to look?! And how do I handle being the only child coming home for Christmas? Sigh, why are the holidays never easy?

1 comment:

Suddenly Fourty said...

In my case, I have two siblings who are unmarried and childless. I'm married with two kids. So I get a lot of pressure from my parents to bring the kids over for a visit at every opportunity.

Why can't my siblings produce? They're hardcore singles I guess.

That's the "Christmas spirit" for me. Just a season of pressure and expectations that I can do without.