June 25, 2010

Happy Midsummer!

It's Midsummer today in Sweden. The ultimate celebration of summer and the long light days. It's also a day with lots of tradition and musts. A bit like New Year's Eve and being a hardcore single gal it can sometimes be difficult. It's day for the family.

Over the years I've tired to create my own traditions with going to Paris or London far way from everything or I've stayed home reading all day and making myself a fab supper in the evening. With mum and stepfather back in town it's now back to the more traditional celebrating. Fresh potatoes, pickled herring with beer and schnapps and for desert fresh strawberries. Totally OK, but I can't say it's very exciting. But on the other hand I'm not sure if I want it to be excitng, I mean that is really the reason why I've opted out so many times before.

Anyhow, it's always nice with a 3-day weekend and the sun is shining so what else should I ask for?! So Happy Midsummer everybody!

No comments: