June 22, 2010

Sex and the City 2

Some girlfriends and I went to see Sex and the City 2 last week. A fun evening out with both food and cosmos as well.

The movie wasn't as bad as the critics say, but definitely not as good as the first one. (That is usually the case with a squeal) Still for more than 2 hours we got to see glitz and glamour en masse and escaped from the real world. I know that in my world I will never be wearing haute couture, living in the perfect flat on Park Avenue or jet off Abu Dhabi, and that is what's great about the movie. We get a peak of something that most of us will never have. A bit like reading a glossy magazine. You enjoy reading it for the moment and than you forget about it.

I have to admit though that the synopsis was rather poor from time to time, the clichés were many and some of the lines rather ridiculous but still I can't say it was a bad movie. It was Sex and the City and what most of us women have learnt to love and enjoy over the years.

And for me there was also of course Mr Big...

No comments: