January 25, 2011

Temporarily out of order

My computer at home decided to give up this morning. Despite me being so kind and reinstalling the whole things just three weeks ago. Sigh! So currently I’m formatting the hard drive and praying to the Microsoft gods that it will work better this time.

The computer turned 3 years old in December, but still it’s not like I’ve been playing games or running heavy duty graphic software on it. Just Open Office, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Photoshop. So cross your fingers the machine will come backto its old self and work for at least another year or so. The other computer before this one lasted for six years. But if push comes to show I guess I just have buy on new, a laptop which I’ve been thinking about for a while.

But it’s never really a good moment to buy a computer. At least not for me, who loves when things work and only buy new things when they break down. For example my iPod is now 4 years old and apparently Apple doesn't expect people to have that old iPods. I visited the Apple store at Westfield shopping centre to get a new case and when I told the sales clerk what model of iPod I had he just stared at me. So getting new technical things is always a bit tricky, becuse I really don't care as long as it works.

Formatting is almost done now, so very soon I’ll know…

No comments: