March 15, 2011

Could it be spring?

Yes, or maybe no, or yes maybe. For the last week or so the weather has changed its mind as many times as there are days in the week. Snow, rain, sunshine, foggy, windy, cold, warm. My Gran would have could it typical April or spring weather. I'm not really sure what to call it other than telling Mr Frost to give it up. Ms Spring is here and she wants to be seen everywhere with happy people who have survived yet another winter.

Visiting Stockholm last week I realized that I should be very lucky for living where I do. Just a 3,5 hour train ride up north and there is still full winter going on. The more snow I saw the more depressed I got. Even in the city centre of Stockholm the streets were still covered in ice and snow. Down here we passed that stage over a month ago.

On Thursday afternoon it started to snow but changed into rain, which according to people living there was the first rain since early November. Good grief! I will never moan about the weather down here again. Or at least not until the next time it's rainy and plain miserable. Probably in a day or two...

No comments: